Monday, June 24, 2013
ATTENTION VETERAN BROTHERS- SERIES-12
Veterans are listening to the lecture at the meeting.
ATTENTION VETERAN BROTHERS – SERIES -12
KNOW ABOUT - FIXED MEDICAL ALLOWANCE-
As per Vth Pay commission GOI MOD ltr.No.(1)(a)/98/D( Pension/Service) dated 15-6-1998, our government granted Fixed Medical Allowance of Rs.100/ per month to all Central Govt.pensioners including Defence pensioners and their families.
This came to effect from 1-12-1197.
It may be mentioned in the PPO. as
FMA –Rs.100/ - eligible,/ Some time may not be. But all Pre-2003 retirees are eligible.
Pensioners were asked to submit option to avail this FMA OR take free treatment from Hospitals.
The Rate is now Enhanced to Rs.300/- with effect from 1-9-2008.
For divided family pensioners it will be divided 50-50% , that is Rs.150/-each.
Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme (ECHS) came in to existence from 1-4-2003
Vide GOI MOD ltr.No. 22(1)/ 01/us/D (Res) dated 30 Dec 2002.
Those who retire after 1-4-2003, it was made compulsory to join the ECHS, hence no FMA for them.
For Pre-1-4-2003, instructions were given to Join ECHS, and forgo the FMA.
It is unfortunate that even after say 15 years, still some of our veterans/ families are not drawing the FMA, may be due to ignorance / not knowing the eligibility / not interested and nobody told them.
POINTS IN THIS REGARD:
1. Some have not submitted option , hence no FMA
2. Some have given option but not being paid
3. Some of them Joined ECHS but still drawing FMA – not correct- they have to inform the branch to stop. Otherwise, we may have to refund the whole amount at a time which is painful
4. Note: For joining ECHS, the stoppage of FMA certificate is a must, hence it is duty of the Bankers to stop the FMA on the request of Pensioners. If theyare paying after issuing the certificate, it is not fare on the Banks to recover the entire paid amount in one installment.
5. Some of them have applied for stoppage of FMA, got a certificate and not joined ECHS and not drawing FMA also.
6. Instructions are clear that once Option given, cannot be revoked , but few veterans are approaching us for revoking and to draw FMA again..
7. Those who have not opted so far and want to opt for FMA now and demand arrears from
1-12-1997 which is not fare on our part . Instruction are clear that the FMA will be paid from the date of Option. And no arrears from back date.
Veteran brothers are requested to know the above points, they can always approach our ESM organizations for guidance and advise.