Tuesday, April 30, 2013
ATTENTION VETERAN BROTHERS SERIES-7
ATTENTION VETERAN BROTHERS –SERIES 7
KNOW ABOUT EX-GRATIA PAYMENTS TO PRE-1968 RESERVISTS.
The Pre-1-4-1968 reservists had the option of either to :
1) Opt for pension at the rate of Rs.10/- per month
2) Opt for a Lump Sum gratuity of Rs. 750/- in lieu of pension.
Most of the reservists opted for Lump Sum , because they felt that Rs.10/- per month was too less compared to the Lump Sum gratuity of Rs.750/- at that time.
Latyer on, the lump sum optees made representation to Government for grant of pensionary benefits. The Govt. was kind enough to sanction monthly Ex-Gratia payment for Reservists and their families.
The condition for Ex-gratia payment was , that they should have:
1) Opted for lump Sum gratuity of pension.
2) Has not availed the benefits of rehabilitation assistance granted by Govt
3) Are not in receipt of any other pension.
4) They should refund the Gratuity amount with interest for getting Ex-gratia pension.
The families were sanctioned this pension first with effect from 01-01-1992 and latter on the reservists were sanctioned from 01-11-1997. Dearness allowance and Dearness pay is also admissible.
The present Rate of pension admissible to such personnel with effect from 1-7-2012 is as follows:
Basic Pension… 600.00 Basic……..605.00
Dearness pension… 300.00 DP……….. 303.00
DA at 151%........... 1359.00 DA 143% 1299.00
Total 2259.00 Total…… 2207.00
RATE OF DA FROM 1-1-2010 for reference:
January to Jun 2010 …… 87% - 79
July to Dec 2010 103 - 95
Jan to June 2011 115 - 107
July to Dec 2011 127 - 119
Jan to June2012 139 - 131
Jul to Dec 2012 151 - 143.
Jan to Jun 2013 not yet announced
Note: Ex-Gratia pensioners
1) not eligible for Fixed medical Allowance
2) not eligible for Additional pension
3) they ca ant apply for endorsement of family pension
4) Part II order should have been published for marriage
5) Widow has to apply for family pension after the demise of the reservist
( Ref: CDA cir 278 )